Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Buzz Cowboy FAQ

A haiku:

I like FAQ's
Let's get them out of the way
So we might move on

Q) What is this blog about?
A) This blog is about my general observations on life, the public discourse, and being noisy. Since I've been in the Marketing Department at CafePress since 2003 (and therefore have far too many t-shirts), chances are that I'll mention my general observations about Marketing, Buzz Marketing and its crossover into the online space, CafePress, and having far too many t-shirts.

I'll probably also mention my dogs because they wouldn't have it otherwise, and because I'm a VP of Bad Rap, and because everyone loves to talk about pit bulls. Well, maybe not everyone - and definitely not the right people, so I guess I'll talk about the dogs since, you know, I actually own them. (Many people who like to talk talk talk about pit bulls have never spent much time with or even met one at all.)

I might also mention food. Because I love food. I especially love good food (not necessarily expensive food - just good food), and am at present working on eating my way from one end of Telegraph Avenue to the other. Since food can arguably be a form of self-expression and since CafePress is all about one's fervent interests, I may work in a food column now and again.

Q) What's up with the haiku?
A) I like bad haiku
I don't know why I write them
But I just can't stop

Q) Why "Buzz Cowboy?"
A) BuzzMonkey sounded too much like a band.

Q) No, seriously.
A) Seriously. Also, the domain name was taken.

Q) So "Buzz Cowboy" doesn't mean anything?
A) I suppose it's something like a bumbling superhero who talks too much and a chaps-clad outlaw pioneering a new frontier and kicking up some dust.

Enjoy the blog.

No comments: